On January 20, 1908, shortly after Oklahoma became a state, the firm of Lawson & Wright opened an abstract office in Guymon, Texas County, Oklahoma. Lawson & Wright continued abstracting in Texas County, Oklahoma, until December 31, 1910, when the entire business was sold to Frank H. Faris and J.E. Mitchell who began business under the name of Mitchell & Faris on January 1, 1911. At the same time Frank H. Faris and J.E. Mitchell purchased the books of Hazelton & Langston, the other abstractor firm in Texas County, Oklahoma.
On the night of January 6, 1911, the first Texas County Courthouse burned and 19 books in the Register of Deeds Office were destroyed along with the tract index and the grantee and grantor index.
On April 1, 1913, J.E. Mitchell sold his interest in the business to Albert F. Burch and the firm became known as Faris & Burch. After several years, Albert F. Burch sold his interest in the firm to S. Daffron and the company became known as Faris-Daffron Abstract & Title Company. In 1918, Claude L. Mathewson purchased the interest of Mr. Daffron and the firm became known as Faris-Mathewson Title Company.
In late 1926, the company name was changed to the Texas County Abstract Company and in late 1931 the name was finally changed to Guaranty Abstract & Title Company. On January 6, 1960, the company was incorporated as Guaranty Abstract & Title Company of Guymon, Oklahoma, and continues to this day.